Bicyclists and pedestrians may be seriously injured or killed when they are biking or walking, even when they are observing the rules of the road. Pedestrians and bicyclists are entitled to share the road and public ways with vehicles, but this potentially puts them in an exposed and dangerous position on the road when another vehicle operator is careless or reckless.
Some of the most common causes for bicycle and pedestrian accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Running a stop sign or red light or failure to follow a traffic control device
- Drifting into other lanes
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to check the oncoming lane during a left-hand turn
- Failing to check blind spots during a right-hand turn
If you were injured while on a bicycle or walking as a pedestrian, you deserve to be compensated for the negligence of the driver. Our attorneys want to work with you to assess your claim and get you the compensation you deserve. We will hold the driver responsible and get you the best results possible. Contact us at 716-815-4722 or fill out the contact form.